Thursday, January 5, 2012

LMM #26 Something New

I used E11, E33 and R23 for the skin tones on the middle Sugar N Spice doll. What colour Copics do you use for darker skin? As you can see, I started at her feet using E31 too, but it turned it all a bit green so didn't end up using it elsewhere.

Hey all, time for our first Little Miss Muffet Stamps Challenge of the new year and it's a super easy one - Use Something New! We also have two new DT Members joining us this week, so please welcome AJ and Shelby.

I have used these Little Miss Muffet's image - Cinnamon, Rosemary & Peppermint in this configuration for a previous challenge. They are from the Sugar N' Spice Doll Collection at LMM. Anyway, I had an extra copy printed just in case I messed up with my Copics. I've been meaning to use the extra, so today was as good a day as any. Cinnamon, Rosemary & Peppermint are so adorable together, they look like they are ready for a party, hence the Let's Get Together sentiment from Studio G Clear Stamps.

My something new is the "Parisian" border punch from Michael's which was left in my stocking. Thanks Santa ;D All combined with old various Echo Park - Summer Days DP.

Okay so now that you have seen my card and hopefully checked out the other LMM DT's, grab yourself something new and play along.

Submitted for the following challenges:
The Crazy Challenge - CCH #100 Party
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - New Something (new border punch)
Scrap-Creations Challenge - Something Old, Something New (new punch, old paper scraps)
Sassy Studio Designs - Something New #106 (new border punch)

Please don't forget to leave some love for my Little Miss Muffet Teamies:
AJ - Fist Full Of Glitter
Arabella - Chickie Chirps
Barbara (Owner LMM Stamps) - Forgotten Scraps
Cleota - What's Inking?
Leah Ann - The Hoosier Stamper
Peggy (Honorary) - Grandma's Pearl
Shelby - Color of Happy
Shirley - Shirl's Cards
Stephanie (that's me) - Savory Stamping
Trina - Trina Makes Stuff

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this image - so cute! The card came out beautiful! It gives me a summery, holiday feeling :)

Celestial Things

Trina said...

Your coloring looks great, and I love this paper pack! Aren't you glad Santa rewarded you for being good last year? ;D

Shari said...

I love the colour combo you used for the darker skin! I usually use E13,E11 & E00 for my darker "brown" skin tones, I will have you give your combo a try, thanks!

Shelby said...

Love how you've combined all of the images together! Great depth and dimension you've created. I laughed at your printing an extra copy...I do that as well since I'm usually changing my mind mid coloring or I've messed up so much I can't cover it up:)!

Shelby

Darlene said...

What a FUN & HAPPY creation! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Cleota said...

All that cuteness is one card! Fantastic!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining our Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge at Sassy Studio Designs! :)

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! I love the bright colours and these three make an adorable group of friends!

Thanks for sharing your skin colour combo... I might have to give that one a go! I have three combos, but I rarely use them...
Light dark: R00, E11, E13 and RV32
Medium dark: Ell, E13, E15 and R20
Dark: E31, E33, E35 and RV32

Did you hear there are new colours coming out in Feb?!

Arabella

Unknown said...

How adorable! :O) Love it! Hugs! Leah Ann

Peggy said...

This is so cute. Great coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Basement Stamper said...

Great coloring, love this image and that sentiment with it. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Happy New Year!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie, so cute and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our something new challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Julie said...

What a cute card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at SSD
Hugs,
julie

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great coloring. Fantastic card. Thanks for joining us for DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs.