Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Witch Candy Stand - Trick Or Treat Dish

I started this project last week. I initially saw a Trick or Treat stand at a local craft fair, two years in a row. Both times I mentioned to my hubby that I could make one myself. I finally got around to it.

This is a GREAT Dollar Store project. Believe it or not it only cost me approximately $5.00 to make this Trick or Treat goody bowl stand. The majority of the parts I already had in my craft stash.
The only items I purchased for this project, all from the Dollar Store, were: the candy bowl, the "Come In... " sign, the cat, the broom and the green craft paint. The green tutu was from my daughters dress up bin, but was originally purchased from the dollar store. She has a nicer green one from last years dance recital so gave me permission to re-purpose this one for my project.

The stand was built with 2x4's and spare wood. I had orange canvas type fabric on hand that I painted for the the boots and legs, which I then sewed together, painted with Acrylic craft paint and stuffed. *I wouldn't recommend making little swirly toes on the boots as I did - it was almost impossible to right side out the fabric once it was sewn.

The stand or base was painted black and then using the direction found here from Dollar Store Crafts.com, I used school glue to crackle effect with green craft paint.

I think I applied too much glue and green paint for the crackle effect, it started ooze down the base before drying. The oozing looks great for a Halloween, I would use less next time for a Home Decor project.


I hot glued the bowl, boot/legs, broom and cat detail onto the crackled base and voila a cute witch stand for your Halloween Treats.

No comments: