Friday, May 22, 2009

SC229 - Get Well

I needed a masculine "get well" card for my nephew who was diagnosed this week with Kidney Disease. My heart goes out to him and my sister, I can't imagine how scared they must all be, they are in my thoughts constantly.

The layout is from Wednesday's sketch challenge over at SplitcoastStampsers (SC229). My colour inspiration came from a colour challenge I recently saw using any colour of blue and green, but can't I remember what the challenge was so can't give them props. I think it was Viva la Verve!, but now can't find the thread.

I didn't have a get well stamp, so thinking of you made the most sense. I masked the Monkey Paw Fern in order to stamp the Script around the leaf.

I tried to roughen up the edges of the white cardstock using scissors, but it doesn't really show in the photo.

Details:

Stamps: Rubber Stamped - Monkey Paw Fern, Inkadinkado - Script stamp, Studio G clear stamp sentiment
Ink: Memento- Cottage Ivy & Rich Cocoa, Vivid - Inky Blue
Paper: Michael's cardstock green and blue, SU - Pattern Pack II, The Fall Matstack
Accessories: SU - blue ribbon, silver brad, Cuddlebug label die cut

No comments: