Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wish Big / Reflection Challenge

The challenge over at the Make It Colourful blog: challenge #23 ColourCast/Reflection is a bit of a doozy. It was to use light or the colour of light to reflect on the objects around it. For example if it was a red light, the shadow and highlights may have a red cast to them. I gave it a go using Tiddly Inks Fairy Fae Catches a Star.

I am slightly disappointed with the cast reflection, she looks a bit like she ate some bad clams. I think if I had chosen a different colour for the star, hence changing the highlight colour on her face, it would have turned out better. Lesson learned.

I kept the layout very simple. This card was created specifically for the Make it Colourful challenge so I wasn't so concerned with the card face. The paper is DCWV and she was coloured with Copics. I added some Stickles to the fairy wings. The Sprig Leaf svg is from SVGCuts.

5 comments:

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OMG YOU JUST CRACKED ME UP AS I WAS READING YOUR POST, HA HA HA HA!!

Well good clams or bad the colour reflection came out great.

I instantly went AAAAHHHHH when I looked at your casting colour on her face.It is beautiful indeed.Well done and thanks for colouring with us at Make It Colourful lol!,Ruby♥

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Stephanie! I think you captured the color-cast beautifully! But you had me rolling with the clams comment...hahaha!! What a fabulous card! I love the dreamy blues that she is floating in. You've inspired me to give the color-cast technique a try :)

Terri Fleming said...

Hi,

I think she is beautiful. I can't remember what my failed attempts to comment said. However, they were all very witty and complimentary. You'll just have to take my word for it, if you see this post...

Thank you for opening this up to non-blogger comments!

Terri aka Brat Cards at SCS

Zoe said...

Hi Stephanie!
Well I think you did a marvelous job reflecting the star light! You did have me chuckling as I was reading your post and I had to scroll down and take a double look!

I love the bloue background and the gorgeous purple! Would love to know what purples they are!!?

Thanks for experimenting with us sweetie. hugs xxoo

Heather said...

Fabulous coloring.