Thursday, December 29, 2011

Saffron


Hello everyone. I hope your holiday break is going wonderfully! We are having a special "free image" challenge at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge Blog. Download your free image of Saffron and join along.

I printed Saffron onto beige cardstock and coloured her with Prismacolour pencils. I picked up a few more colours to try an ethnic skin tone. I used the same beige cardstock and chocolate chip with Jillybean Soup - Dutch Mustard DP. I added snow effect on the muff and a Tim Holtz pin on the ribbon.

Here is a list of the prismacolours I used on the skin tone, from darkest to lightest:
PC 946 - Dark Brown
PC 945 Sienna Brown
PC 943 Burnt Ochre
PC 942 Yellow Ochre and peach to tone down the yellow (not positive if I used PC 939 Peach or PC 927 Light Peach)

I just kept blending until the skin tones looked correct.

Check out the Little Miss Muffet DT - they rock!

6 comments:

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Amazing!! I love this - the colors, the coloring, the paper piecing, layout and everything. ;D Do you happen to remember which colors you used for the skin? I had a horrible time trying to get my pencils to work this week. LOL Anyway, I love the way you've done yours and was going to take away a few tips. :D Thanks so much for participating this week with Saffron - you're awesome! *Hugs

Kelly Schelske said...

She looks fabulous Steph!! Love the colors!

Cleota said...

Did you paper piece Saffron's coat and hat? Beautiful! Love all the paper, layering and your coloring is fabulous!!

Delphine said...

Sorry I am late... I am afraid one thing is not going to change in 2012, I will always be behind LOL!!! I love what you have done, your colours and colouring are fantastic! I love your choice for Saffron's skin, it looks perfect! Gorgeous papers too! Have a lovely evening and a wonderful 2012:-)! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

Shirl said...

Happy New Year Stephanie and you have done an amazing job on Saffron her polka dot coat is gorgeous.

Hugs Shirley x x

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! I love the pencil colouring! That glow you have added around her is fab!

Arabella