Monday, January 14, 2008

Money Shy

Being so new to card making, I am sometimes a little hesitant to run out and buy some of the amazing products I see on other sites. I have been doing some research for myself and I thought I would share for those who are in the same boat as I am.

Instructions for using Prismacolour pencils and gamsol on here, it's a pdf from Inky Antics. However, according to a post from "Barbie Boop" @ Rubber Stamp Club, you can use blending pen with prismacolour pencils? "Trace around the inside of your stamped images with WC pencils or crayons! Then using your blender "pull" the color in towards the center of the image.. it looks painted and shading is perfect! Simple. Use them with your ink pads.. esp vivid!" I've never tried it myself, but it is worth a try.

How to refill your blending pen: (I had no idea it could be refilled) here from Rubber Stamp Club. This site has a lot of other techniques too, as well as the above mentioned post regarding blending pens and pencil crayons.

Instructions for Tombrow markers: I found these fabulous instructions today at Moonlight Inker blog site. It's a great tutorial, and the pictures make it look so easy. Sophia is amazing at watercolouring.

And of course least we forget Splitcoaststampers.

Sorry if this is a review for most of you, if not all of you.

If you know of any other great tutorials on other great products, I'm all ears.

3 comments:

sophia landry said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments. It looks like your on your way to getting a great blog. I like the stuff you have done so far. You will find that as time goes by, your style and abilities will grow and flourish. I look forward to seeing your journey as a stamper.

My Paper World said...

Hello!
The ink that I use on my Studio G stamps are those little square Versa Color ink pads.
Hope that helps! xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your tips, especially the blender pen refills