Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sweet Stuff - Oldy, but goody

This is my submission for the sketch challenge on I Heart 2 Stamp. It's BRIGHT, but sweet, the paper just reminded me of candy.


It looks like everything old is new again. I used retired SU Very Punny for the image and sentiment. As well, to my great delight I found (stored away in an art box), my Staedtler watercolour pencil set. I bought them a few years back for a watercolour class I had taken, but had forgotten I had them. They are SO EASY to use. You don't need any other product to lift or spread the colour. You just use a damp paint brush. I then clear embossed over the lolly's. The emboss changed the pigment of the lolly's some and I think my emboss stamp may have been slightly dirty. I will have to be more careful next time.

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is very sweet! So cute!

My Paper World said...

Very cute! I love the clear effect on the top of the lollies, It looks great!