Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Puffy Duck

I wanted to whip up a quick congratulations card for a friend who just announced she is pregnant with her second child. As well, I have a girlfriend coming over this weekend to make thank you cards for her sister in-laws baby shower and I thought this could also be a possible template.

I am having tremendous fun with the liquid applique, except it flattens very easily. I had to cut the yellow square and emboss it before applying the applique or the duck would get crushed. I am curious how well it will hold up in the mail too?

Details:
Stamps: Studio G Clear Stamps (duck), SU - Very Punny sentiment
Ink: SU - Summer Sun
DP: Provo Craft - Bitty Scrap Pad Backgrounds, yellow and white cardstock
Embelishments: Embossing folder - Frames, Marvy Liquid Applique, white ribbon

1 comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

Yes - it is a little delicate - I try and handle it the least amount possible and it's the last thing I put on my card. You should play with fun flock next - it'd be perfect for your ducky! Love the card btw!