Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stampendous Christmas

It's been a while, I was in a bit of a funk and didn't do any cards. I'm back and I have a dozen ideas, here's hoping I actually get them down on paper.

I tried to be good this year and not buy any new Christmas stamps and just use what I already have. I fell in love with the Santa Trio stamp by Stampendous last year, when I saw it featured on Stampers Dream, with full intentions of using it on my Christmas cards. Of course I didn't, but I have this year.

I sort of had some of my layout already planned, but was struggling with some of the details. I knew before purchasing my DP that I wanted the colour combination to be a bit different from the traditional green and red. The DP changed a few times going from brown, blue & green to red, blue and green. Blue and green were the key ingredients.

Thanks to Kerry J. for the use of her cuddle bug folder and for brain storming with me over the layout. As well, if Kerry J. is ever so gracious as to share her LOW FAT lemon square recipe with all of us, YOU MUST try them, they are FAB!

I am so happy with the results, I love the the colour combination, although IRL the red is more burgandy and the white cardstock is shimmery white by SU, which you can't see in the photo.

Details:
DP: Karen Foster - Christams Stripes, SU cardstock - Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue & Shimmery White, Michaels cardstock - burgandy
Stamps: Stampendous - Santa Trio, EK Success - Sentiment roll
Embellishments: Tombow - markers, Cuddle Bug Folder - Christmas Ornaments, SU - Scallop punch, ribbon from my mother-in-law, Stickles

I have am going to try Marvy Liquid Applique on the Santa Hat and Boots, but it takes 24 hours to dry then needs to be heat set, not so sure that I am going to want to do that on 30 odd cards so Stickles on all of them may be the out come. It's a lot of colouring in for this card, I thinks thats why I didn't end up using it last year. I still love it though.

1 comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

This turned out so cute Steph!! I love how you changed it - it's perfect!! Your colouring is fab too!