Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tiddly Inks - Inspire Me

Today's challenge over at the Tiddly Ink Challenge Blog #50 was to use the following image as inspiration.

I saw these coordinating gum drops at my local bulk food store and couldn't resist making a Mason Jar - Thank You Gift.

The Sugar Plum Fairy digital stamp comes with a gorgeously pre-coloured image of a Sugar Plum Fairy.

In PS, I reversed the pre-coloured image , added a double circle and arced the sentiment "Your sweeter then Honey! Thanks for everything". I then darkened the background in opaque purple. I used a circle and coordinating scallop punch along with my favorite Doily SVG from My Graphico.com.

I printed off a whole sheet of these pre-coloured circular fairies on SU - Shimmery White cardstock to have on hand in a last minute pinch. I have dozens of mason jars, so just a quick trip to the bulk candy aisle, some ribbon and I'm all set.

Here is another submission for this challenge: I used Bathing Beauty. When I saw this flapper gal, I immediately knew I had to colour her in B&W. I think I am more confidant shading black & white images. It's like working with graphite, which we were forever doing in our sketch books for homework in art class.

I couldn't help adding finger waves to her hair. Some of the previous submissions to the Tiddly Inks gallery have this beauty in waves, and mine had to have them too.

The sentiment reads "Don't be afraid to Make a Splash - 2010" The ticket stub is included with the purchase of the Ticket to My Life digital stamp and the frame is LA's Cricut - Nestie Font SVG.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephanie, These projects are just wonderful! How cool to find gumdrops that match with the picture! So glad to have you on the team!
Marlena:)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Stephanie - these are all GORGEOUS!! Those gumdrops look so yummy as does the matching fairy!!! You rocked this out!! I LOVEEEEEEEEE Bathing Beauty...such a gorgeous creation!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Amazing projects, Stephanie! The gumdrop giftie is so clever and your coloring of Bathing Beauty is out of this world! Welcome to the team! xxD

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ohhhhh, wow!!! Love both of these projects. :) The gumdrops are super cute!!!

And the coloring on the wavy hair is amazzzzingg! :)

So glad you are part of the team now....Yay!

mycardz said...

Wow, awesome projects! Very cool idea to have the layered gumdrops to match the photo inspiration. I love it! So happy to be on the team with you and to have the chance to get to know you. hugz, Mary

Loopylou. said...

stephanie wow wow wow!! i love that little princess and the sweets look yummy. super cute makes! huge hugs Lou xxx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow two GORGEOUS projects!!! Love those gumdrops too - they look yummy and sugar plum fairy is so perfect!!! Love the soft colors to Bathing beauty too!
Hugs,
M

Larissa said...

Wow both your projects are gorgeous! Love the candy jar!

Your colouring is absolutely fabulous!

Hugs,
Larissa

Renee said...

Wowsers!! Two super fantastic projects!! I love the way you have coloured the image, so much depth!!
Hugs.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Stephanie, both of these are positively DELISH!!! Love how your interpreted the inspiration photo and that second card is a coloring marvel! Love the black and white tones! Incredible! Hugz, Cheryl