Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tiddly Magic

I made this card on Friday when the predicted forecast was for it to rain until Thursday of this week. It must have worked. Although we had a bit of rain yesterday, the weekend was a beauty, and today is as well. Must be Tiddly Magic!

I used Lysa's Crafty Creations shiny black hair tutorial found here on this gorgeous little Tiddly Ink.

I paired Donna's Adventure with Summer Days by Echo Park and hand wrote the sentiment.

I really think I may redo this card. You may not be able to tell, but on closer inspection I had a printer fiasco. Having read many promising post's about the wonders of laser printed images with Copics, I borrowed a laser to give it a try. Something went terribly wrong. I was nearly done colouring the image when the ink started chipping off the paper, leave spear marks in the background. That's okay, just cut out the image, well, that made it worst, all of the edges started chipping away. I had to use a black Copic to touch up all of the edges. I thought I would post it any way, maybe save some one else the same heart ache. What I THINK I did wrong was that I didn't change the paper type selection on the printer, I just left it to plain paper. I think the printer then didn't heat set correctly for the right weight of paper.

Accessories:
Circle Coluzzle
SU scallop punch
Pearl Effects
SU Glassy Glaze
Stickles

2 comments:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is so cute, what a shame about the laser printer causing problems! Thanks very much for your lovely comment on my blog! Yes, I did the paper-piecing digitally, the whole thing is digital :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is so sweet and I don't see any printer mishaps at all. I do have a laser printer and never really change the settings but haven't noticed any problems except when trying to print on textured card stock. anyway, your card is simply adorable! xxD