Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Asian Inspsiration

This card was inspired by Peaceful Blossoms found here:

I absolutely love the Peaceful Blossom card and the original. I now desperately want to host a party just so I can buy the Garden Silhouettes stamp set.







The technique is called Burned Batik using clear emboss powder.

I posted 2 photos because of the glare of the flash on the clear embossing.

I originally started out with a large white section to batik, but my sponging left a lot to be desired. So I ended up cropping it. I like the effect, but I am going to work on perfecting it, even the cropped image is still a bit messy looking. I think I will try a different sponge and on watercolour paper to see if I have more success.

Oh I used my new Cuddlebug folder "Forest Branches". The stamp is by Stampin Up, I think it may have been from a hostess set, but I am not sure. I won it as a gift at the last stamp Retirement Party. The stamp actually has a boxed frame around it, I carefully embossed around the image so as to only printt the pattern and not the frame.

3 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

Pretty card! You'd better start looking on ebay though - that hostess set was from two catties ago! Love it!

My Paper World said...

It's absolutely stunning Stephanie!
What a great technique!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Nicola xx

Heather said...

What a lovely card. It all works so well together: the colours, the stamp and the cuttlebug folder.
I love that hostess set and even though it is retired now I will keep on making cards with it.