Friday, August 29, 2008

Red Hot Bella Meets Grease Lightening

Yes I have other stamps sets, but I've had the plan for this card etched in my brain for weeks. When I read Sharon's blog LATE last night I knew I had to get my idea down on paper ;) immediately. Who needs sleep?

Here is my submission for the Stamp Simply Challenge #50 (Julie's Red Hot), on No Time To Stamp.

I will admitt, since it was VERY late when I read the challenge I only noticed that the card was suppose to be red inspired, I missed the part about emulating Julie's style (Out to Impress). However now going back and looking at Julies samples, this card still works! Julie has a lovely Inspire card using red organza ribbon and a beautiful bleeding heart's card where the image and the mat aren't centred on one another.

If I were to redo this card to truly emulate Julie's style I would swap out the white card stock to manila and use a scrolling image stamp not a bella.

My older sister's Fortieth birthday is coming up in December. I have been picking up the supplies for my card idea as I find them, but have been holding out for the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch which until yesterday was sold out every where I looked.

The inspiration for the whole card is from the movie Grease. The paper pieced dress is a cross between Cha Cha DiGregori's and Rizo's dresses from the dance scene in the gymnasium. The sentiment I typed up on the computer - it sounded less harsh then "Lordy, Lordy, look who's forty!"

The edges of the red scallop as well as the red mat are brushed with purple chalk (thanks Kerry J.)

Supplies:
Paper: Red card stock, Making Memories - Black Small Dots
Ink: Versa Magic Chalk - Purple Hydrangea, Tombows
Stamp: Stamping Bella - Bellarina
Sentiment: done on the computer
Punch: Martha Stewart - Doily Lace
Embellishment: Red Organza ribbon

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I LOVE this!!! Your Bella is SOOOOO pretty in her black dots -- she is HOT, HOT, HOT as well!!! What a GREAT card and a perfect tribute to Julie's style -- just perfect!!! I love it and am so glad you could play!!! Thank you so much!!!