Saturday, August 16, 2008

Take Two Challenge - Stamp Simply #48

The challenge was to take one of your own cards and basically case it, making as many or as little changes as you felt necessary. I chose this card to case from January 2008:

I had already planned to try to re-make this card using paper piecing on the dress since this was a technique I have often admired but never tried myself. I made half a dozen of the dresses however because I just couldn't decide which pattern I liked best. Here is the end result.

I didn't change much to the layout, it was more so to attempt the paper piecing, which I am TRES happy with. It's a great effect, I will have to try it more often.

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just LOVE your paper pieced dress on your remake!!! The first card was wonderful, but the dress on the 2nd just makes it POP a bit more -- totally love it!!! So glad you could play -- thanks!!!