Friday, August 29, 2008

Cupcake Delight

I have been seeing cupcake cards all over the place lately and thought I would try my hand at it. I already had a cupcake from my SU - Treat Yourself stamp set and by chance found a smaller cupcake in a Studio G clear set that I have.


I admittedly have never made the cupcake in the Treat Yourself set. I won the set last year at my local SU stamp retirement party. To be honest, the stamp I use the most from this set is the sentiment "Treat yourself to a wonderful day". I have used that all over the place. I have also envisioned using this sentiment with a spa type image or something like My Favorite Things - Time for the Bubbly.

Can I tell you how much I LOVE SU cardstock. I have mostly been using cardstock from Michaels or my local craft store, but finally broke down last month and bought some cardstock in Soft Subtles. Versamark works a hundred times better on their cardstock. I used versamark cupcakes on the bashful blue cards stock as well as a quick pass of Versamark on the embossed certainly celery cardstock.

Supplies:
Paper: scrap plaid, certainly celery, bashful blue
Stamps: SU - Treat Yourself (lrg. cupcake), Studio G Clear stamps (sml. cupcakes)
Ink: Versamark, Tombows
Embelishments: Skittles, Cuttlebug folder - Swiss Dots

No comments: