Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jamie Case

This week's SplitCoastStampers featured designer is Jamie at Sweet Little Designs. Jamie has a fabulous SCS gallery, it was hard to choose which card to case.

This is my take on Jamie's card Tip Your Waitress. I know that you aren't suppose to do Sketch Challenge cards, but this layout is from Taylored Expressions January 2009. I had wanted to try it out back then, but never got around to it. This was a fun card to make. I only wish I had a sentiment that said "dad" instead of "father", father sounds so formal, especially when your handing them a beer. As well I noticed after I had mounted the image that the orange cardstock mat should have been laced under the 3 horizontal stripes - my bad!

I of course paper pieced the Fella, it's my favorite thing to do to the Bella stamps.

Details:
Stamps: Stamping Bella - Beerafella, Studio G Clear stamp sentiment
Paper: SU: bashful blue, pumpkin pie, barley banana (should have been so safron, but I didn't have any), Designer Series - Washington Apple
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: Swiss Dots Emboss Folder, SU Mat Pack

1 comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

Super cute Steph!! You did a great job caseing Jamie! Love your paper piecing!