Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mothers Day Window

Originally I had intended or attempted to make a single layer card with a window cut out. It evolved some and is no longer a single layer, but I am satisfied with the outcome.

I really love the new Sizzix - Butterfly die that I purchased from The Memory Keeper - that store is huge! I embossed each butterfly then used my VersaMark pen on the edges and the embossed areas. Stickles on the flowers added some sparkle. I find the marker has more control on embossed items with the pen rather then just swiping with the my VersaMark pad.

After I finished the card I realized why this colour combo seemed so familiar, it's the colour palette of my DD's room


Details:
Stamps: SU - Mixed Bouquet, SU - All Year Cheer II
Ink: SU: Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Appricot Appeal, Pale Plum & Lavender Lace, Versamak pen
Paper: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Lavender Lace, Whisper White
Accessories: Cuddlebug Swirls emboss folder & Circles emboss folder, SU - Apricot Appeal ribbon, Nesstabilities, Sizzix - Butterfly die, and stickles.

No comments: